Saturday, May 23, 2015

Of Tumblr, hobby stores, and craft room relocation

So, while I am the most horrible blogger in the history of blogging (I have given up ever, EVER, being a regular blogger), I do still enjoy putting posts out periodically to talk about what I'm up to and such.

Thing the first is Tumblr. I have become sucked into the lovely black hole that is the Tumblr role play community. This is a microblogging social media site, where I basically do shared story writing with other members. What was originally a character that I thought would get about 10 other people who would enjoy writing with me, I am apparently rather fun to write with as I have over 300 followers and (on a slow day) 30 threads awaiting replies.

This is sucking up the most of my internet time, though I am enjoying it immensely and my creativity juices have been reignited.

Thing the second (which is sucking up a lot of my craft and off internet time), is our local hobby store. Now, this is not a knitting or crafty store, I use Hobby very appropriately. This is a store with board games, plastic models, card games (like Magic: the Gathering, and Pokemon), etc. Originally this was a store where C and I frequented (he is one who quite enjoys playing Magic, and I am one who likes painting miniature models and board games). Over time, we became volunteers at the store, and this past January, C became a full time employee.

The hobby store has basically become a home away from home for me. I continue to volunteer and am a very active part of the store (which is cool because a lot of these types of stores don't usually have a large female customer base, but ours does, and that's partly because the owner has women helping behind the counter).

I run a lot of the card tournaments, make bags to hold the dice and tokens for some bags, and play in a number of events as well.

However! I have been listening to the Knitmore Girls podcast lately and have got my mojo working again.

You can see in the photo above, the start of the Mile High Club Socks in a wonderful neon yarn whose ball band I do not currently have on me. Yes I am a child of the 90's.

I also just got my new Interweave Knits magazine, which I am very much looking forward to going through.

Along with the mojo returning, I have been working on setting up my craft room, it's now in the basement, with the sewing machine in the living room. I have the majority of my fabric put away, and now have to dig through my yarn and get it put into its cupboards. I have a thought that I may go through and take pictures to put on Ravelry as I'm putting it all away.

We'll see if I am actually ambitious enough to do that.

With that, I'll say farewell until the next time I remember that I have a blog and come back to post an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment