Friday, January 25, 2019

I'm not late!

Not at all! It's still within the week! You'll just get another blog sooner!

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

The biggest thing that happened this week is a messed up my knee somehow. I was diagnosed with PFPS (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome) in my teens and it crops up every once in a while. Usually when I start exercising after not doing anything for a while. It means that my knee cap tracks diagonally across the joint rather than straight like it's supposed to, and it causes pain when I'm walking, going up and down stairs, and spinning.

So I don't have a lot to show for spinning, in fact, I don't even have a picture of spinning this week. I did start with the longer sections of each colour, and I have the first light green spun. I'm trying to spin very thin this time, using my smallest whorl for the highest ratio.

I've had a spindle accident in that my 3D printed Turkish spindle's shaft broke AND the piece that's left between the whorl legs is stuck! So I'm going to have to unwind everything I've spun on that, and I'm trying to see if I can get my sidekick to spin close to as thin so I don't have two different weights of yarn out of this fibre. If I do then I do, but at least I'll know how thin I can get on my sidekick.

In knitting news I do have some pictures.

One day I will remember to get a picture of this in daylight and hopefully the cables will show up better on camera. For now, imagine the beauty of Nennir cables in my handspun. I know the cables won't show up as nicely on the variegated, but it's my handspun and I wanted to make something special with it.

I also wanted something that was fairly mindless to knit and didn't require charts. Everyone needs a little mindless knitting now and then. So I cast on some fingerless mitts that have an eyelet pattern at the wrist just so that it wasn't too boring.

I don't have the pattern or yarn name with me, it's a kit I won from the volunteer draw for my local yarn fair. There are perks to being in a guild. Not much to say about the mitts, they'll be quick, and something nice to have at my desk for when it's cold at work. I decided not to match the colours on these and let them be their own little sunset. I just realized that the picture has muted the colours a bit. They're much brighter in person.

That's it for now, hoping to get my knee looked at and make sure it's nothing bigger than what I normally get. Then back to spinning for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment