Monday, September 16, 2013

Almost done

Good morning, I hope you had a lovely weekend. I'm currently fighting a headache from bending over the Holden Shawl for 2 hours yesterday finishing the picot bind off.

All told I had a lovely weekend. Worked like crazy on Holden, in the company of my kitty and a book on the computer as seen here.

It's much more difficult to knit with a cat on your lap when they are very interested in what you're doing and want to see what the yarn tastes like, and help you with unraveling the ball, and generally getting in the way. Yet letter her sit on my lap was the lesser of two evils when considering what she was doing when she wasn't settled.

Yesterday we went to the local hobby shop and I was able to get all of the edging done, but it did take me over 2 hours from start to finish, after which I had the start of a killer headache. Getting down to the wire I was somewhat worried about the amount of yarn I had left. I though I had the yardage for it, but it was becoming a rather small ball as I was getting to the end. In fact, this is all I had left at the end of it all.


I think my sweat and fears were justified, especially since I was adding two stitches to every two that came off the needles.

Now I just have to block this baby and she'll be done. I'm working on my Grandpa's socks right now because they're simple and don't need much concentration.

No comments:

Post a Comment