Monday, September 9, 2013

Of Knit Nights and Stash Acquisition... or not

Hello!

Did you guys have a good weekend? I'm just happy that I'm on a schedule now with this blog and have something to look forward to doing when I get to the coffee shop in the morning. I get to chat to you.

Though I must say, I almost fell into my pit of failure over the weekend. I have a knack for DOING ALL THE POSTS the second I get a blog and burning myself out by posting 3 times a day as I think of stuff, and then running out of things to post.

Having the weekend in which to rest, relax, enjoy, and think up what I'd like to chat to you about was really nice! It also allowed me to get a number of pictures to show you. This will probably be imperative as the winter months come, as I will not really have daylight to take pictures with when I'm at home, and my iPod does NOT like taking photos in the dark, and doesn't have a flash. Come November and December I may have to dig out my little point and click camera that I haven't used in forever.

So what did I do on the weekend? Well it started off with a little of this:


And ended with a day of stash shopping with absolutely no real stashy acquisition, but we'll get to that.

So on Friday, I met up at the inaugural Friday Night Knitting Group in my hometown in a lovely little coffee shop that just opened. It's run by a lovely married couple and doesn't have a ton of stuff there yet but I think they've only been open for a couple weeks now. So with luck they'll grow to be a lovely little tucked away coffee shop where we can go and relax. 

I didn't get a lot of pictures of the shop, but next week I'll try to show it off a little more, for now, let's head through the doors into the bathrooms (which are bigger on the inside).


And had the perfect sinks for any coffee shop:


It was lovely. One of the best parts was half way through our knit night, a gentleman came in and sat down, pulled out a ukulele, and started playing and singing. I have a bit of it on video, but I forgot to upload it. I'll see if I can it uploaded to show you tomorrow.

On Saturday I took part in a charity bake sale at my work. I don't have any pictures of it, but I can say that we raised $130 for Big Brothers of Canada, so that was awesome!

On Sunday I met up with my Mom and we went to a small little town on the river to eat, chat, and go crafty shopping.

This is the view from one of the restaurants we love. This is one of our favourite places to go to relax and have a Mom and Daughter day.

In our travels we hit up a little Knick Knack store that's a bit kitschy, but has a HUGE amount of loose leaf teas. I bought 4 flavours: White Mischief, Sleepy Hollow Pumpkin Chai, Ginger Peach, and Hazelnut.

We then decided to check out the other end of the street and found this lovely little area to sit and relax for a minute before continuing our quest for crafty goods.


We then headed to Mary Maxim where I found absolutely nothing that struck my fancy, even their cross stitching stuff was meh. Some times they have good stuff, this time not so much. Mom got things for her knitting though.

We then went back up to my town, and hit up the Value Village where I got three baggies of about 30 skeins of various DMC colours for $2.99 each (score!!) and we checked out a neat little gardening store that has the cutest interior I've seen in a while!


I don't have any photos of the floss, or of the FO that I got done over the weekend, but the great thing is, it gives me something to talk to you about tomorrow.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment