Friday, September 13, 2013

Do you ever get that Sinking Feeling?

Yesterday I was searching through my house, I had a skirt that I wanted to wear and I was determined to find it. I never did.

But I did find all my embroidery floss! No Aida fabric yet, but at least I have the floss.

In my search I came across a large bag filled with unfinished knitting projects. Ones that I had been working on prior to a baby shower I held in May, some of which, I don't even remember what they were.

That's when I got my sinking feeling, because that's when I started tallying up the UFO's I know I have and adding the ones I forgot about.

I think my next little while is going to be going through all my UFO's and either finishing them up, or frogging them.

I have my Holden Shawlette which is getting closer to being done, but still boring knitting to show you, I have the Spring Thaw Shawl that I'm letting sit for a bit because it needs some first aid, and I've decided to grab these socks that I had on the needles for my Grandpa.



This is Sockittome from Estelle Yarns in colour 52606. I really love this yarn, it is so soft and the colour transitions are beautiful and long. I don't know how well it will wear, but my Grandpa doesn't do a lot of walking.

Grandpa is diabetic and he has heart problems so his circulation isn't the greatest. He loves my knit wool socks though! I usually have a pair on the needles for him. These would have been done months ago if they hadn't ended up in a bag stuffed in a room so that my house looked somewhat presentable for family.

I'm going to keep these in my bag as simple knitting, stuff that doesn't need a pattern. They're easy toe up socks based off of Wendyknits standard pattern with a heel flap worked in reverse. I love this pattern because I don't have to worry about stitching up the toe, and I can just knit until I'm done my yarn on the cuffs.

This weekend I'm hoping to go through my house and round up all my yarn, projects, and the like and bring them down to my living room. Then I'm going to sort them out and get everything put neatly into my new crafting wardrobe. I'll probably have a section for UFO's which I'll be drawing from for the next while.

I'm hoping to have a bunch of finished knitted stuff to show you in the near future, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment