Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The future wall of shame

Looks like I'm going to be creating a wall of shame.

I spent 45 minutes last night going through every room in the house to grab anything yarny (be it actual yarn, UFO's, or yarny tools like needles and such) and got it to one central location. After I'd done that, the back part of my living room looked like this.


Which to some knitters will look like a baby stash as they go "how cute". The fact of the matter is, that I'm pretty sure I only have about 75-80% of the stash here, and this doesn't count my fabric and stuff. 

This is also only half of what I used to have, because I decided to get rid of all the acrylic I knew I wasn't going to touch. I did a yarny trade with a friend's Nana. She got my acrylic for blankets, and I got her rug hooking stuff, which is in the baskets by the window.

So, what my plan is, is to go through this pile of yarny goodness and separate and photograph any and all UFO's that are hidden within. I will then put them up on a wall of shame. The rules are as follows:

In order for me to be allowed to get new yarn for a new project (the only exception being socks for my Grandfather), I must have everything on the Wall of Shame either finished, or frogged. 

I think this is a fair challenge and that it's something I can stick to. I'm not going to say I can't cast on anything new, I can do new projects from stash yarn, and they won't end up on the wall of shame, so long as they are finished in a timely manner.

This is incentive enough, I believe, to get these projects finished or frogged, because my Queue on Ravelry continues to grow, and I just don't seem to have anything suitable for any of the patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment