Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekend Roundup

Good Morning!

Welcome to Fall, one of the best times of the year for knitters!

Today comes to you in a quick weekend round up because I have a new pretty that has caught my attention.

First up, I finished the Spring Thaw Shawl.


It's not blocked yet, I'll do a full post about it once it's done, but this is another Wall of Shame off the needles. I'll be talking about the wall of shame tomorrow, but for now, work on it continues!

I was down to the wire on this yarn again. I first had to rip out an entire repeat of the lace pattern, and even with that, once I got the edging finished, this was all I had left.


And picture with a helpful cat for scale.


I also picked up some reading material, which I'm not allowed to pick up until I finish the Yarn Harlot's book that I'm reading right now.


This is book two in the series, the first being The Name of the Star, an absolutely amazing young adult novel. This book was released in February, and my library doesn't have it available, and I couldn't wait, so with a few extra dollars in hand, I bought myself the hardcover. I can't wait to dive into this one, but as with crafty projects, I need to limit myself on which books I'm reading or I'll start 20 and finish maybe 1 of them.

In other news, I got a beautiful magazine for Cross Stitching:


I was looking through all the options my local book store had (and there were close to 10 different selections), but I have pretty high criteria. 

For example, if I can't see the patterns because it's cling wrapped, you'd best have good gifts, and a number of cute patterns on the cover. This one did, there's the little penguin card that I'm working on, a beautiful sampler (though I will use less neon colours), not to mention the kindle holder, the geisha, the hedgehogs... this one caught my interest. I'm not one for kitschy cross stitch, I like beautiful stuff I can put on the wall and it doesn't look like it was made a century ago.

So far I have over 50% of the charts in here that have either caught my attention or that I want to make RIGHT NOW! So this one is a success.

The unfortunate thing is that it is made in the UK, and I haven't been able to find shipping cost for subscriptions to Canada, but I'll just have to dig a bit deeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment