Thursday, September 12, 2013

Not much to show

So I've got past the stocking stitch part of the Holden Shawl, I'm now starting the lace section and I'm very excited. However, miles of stocking stitch doesn't really catch the attention. The colours are pretty though.



This is a full repeat of the Noro colourway. So far so good, usually when I use regular Noro I have problems with the colourway, in that I'll buy it because it has the most beautiful blue, only for it to only actually have 2 rows worth of that blue in it, and then a knot in the middle of the ball that keeps you in the ugly brown filler colour. Yes I'm still bitter about that scarf!

I'm really really looking forward to doing the lace portion of this, but it's the kind of lace that needs the pattern in front of you, at least while you're starting it, so that's coffee shop, podcast listening knitting.

I will be going back to the Spring Thaw shawl after this, I'd like to have both of these shawls done before the snow flies.

I've also been going through my Ravelry notebook and trying to update all my projects, and put pictures up for everything, so I was lucky enough to grab this shot of the project that made me stop knitting for 2 years.


These are the itty bitty socks, and I kind of wish I'd grabbed a picture of them when I had all 110 done. They were handed out to all the guests at my wedding. They had a few hard candies in them, and were clothes pinned with some tiny scrapbooking clothes pins to little fanned out napkins. We also gave little white boxes with heart chocolates for those who didn't care for knitting. 

At least everyone now has something I knit them and can't say I'm always leaving them out.

Each sock took 45 minutes, and I completed all 110 in 2 months, by myself. Oh the joys of a bus ride that takes 2 hours each way for work.

After that marathon I only picked up the needles for a few pairs of socks for my Grandfather.

Now that I've started picking up the needles again, I'm working very hard to knit from my stash. I have some nice stuff in there, but after three years of ignoring it, I think I can fall in love with my stuff enough to knit with it now.

I may have to do an "airing of the stash" post next week, if I have time to dump it all out and figure what I have on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment