Thursday, September 26, 2013

Why I love to Teach

When it comes to fibre crafts, I'm a teacher. I love to show people how to start a project, watch as they learn the steps, and see the joy of whatever craft they're doing take hold.

I've got two students right now, one for cross stitch, who is also now asking me to remind her how to cast on so she can make a cowl, and one for knitting.

They are both hooked now, with the cross stitcher planning on making ornaments for Christmas, and picking up the needles again to knit, and the knitter bringing some friends, one of whom would like to learn, to our next knit night on Friday.

It's just such a warm and fuzzy feeling to see people learn something new and find a love in it.



I also love taking pictures of first projects in progress. Those hands are so unsure right now, but as they go on they will be filled with muscle memory and pretty soon will be flying through projects!

In other news, the penguin is becoming more apparent.



No comments:

Post a Comment